UFC has confirmed an exciting welterweight clash to the already stacked Singapore fight card.
Chinese welterweight veteran Li “The Leech” Jingliang (12-4) fighting out of Beijing, will face off against Canadian striker Jonathan “The French Spider” Meunier (8-1).
Taking place on 17 June at the Singapore Indoor Stadium, UFC Fight Night Singapore: Holm vs Correia will also feature the following confirmed bouts:
A show stopping main event as former bantamweight champion Holly “The Preachers Daughter” Holm (10-3) faces aggressive Brazilian striker Bethe “Pitbull” Correia (10-2-1) in a five-round bantamweight showdown.
- Former lightweight kingpin Rafael Dos Anjos (25-9) will make his welterweight debut in a thrilling match-up against Belgian veteran Tarec Saffiedine (16-6). The last time Belgium’s first UFC fighter fought in Singapore, he walked away with a Fight of the Night bonus.
- Former UFC heavyweight champion and current No.8 ranked Andrei “The Pitbull” Arlovski (25-14-0, 1NC, fighting out of Chicago, Illinois, USA) takes on the surging Polish prodigy Marcin “Tybur” Tybura (15-2-0, fighting out of Warszawa, Poland)
- South Korea’s Dong Hyun Kim (22-3-1) is a UFC veteran who has been competing in the Octagon since 2008. A cunning and patient grappler, he will meet the relentless wrestler and submission ace Colby “Chaos” Covington (11-1).
- Japanese MMA legend Takanori “The Fireball Kid” Gomi, (35-12) will fight for the first time in Singapore against well-rounded American Jon Tuck (9-4).
- A clash between “The Dongbei Tiger” Wang Guan (19-1-1), one of China’s brightest prospects, and Alex “Bruce Leeroy” Caceres (12-10), a staple of the UFC’s featherweight division.
- A flyweight scrap will see Japan’s talented Ulka Sasaki (19-4-2) clash with UFC veteran Justin Scoggins (11-3) in what will be an exciting technical bout.
- Former Korean regional champion and UFC prospect “Handsome” Kwan Ho Kwak (9-1) looks to win glory for his home country in a bantamweight duel with Hawaiian striker Russell Doane (14-7).
- Heavyweight standouts Cyril “Silverback” Asker (8-2) and Walt Harris (9-5) will also throw down in a heavyweight tilt.
- Undefeated prospect Naoki Inoue (10-0) will make his UFC debut in the Garden City. Facing off across the Octagon will be the also undefeated Filipino Carls “Golden Boy” John De Tomas (6-0).