The third season finale of Malaysian Invasion Mixed Martial Arts goes down tonight at the Putra Indoor Stadium in Kuala Lumpur.

Asia’s biggest amateur MMA tournament will feature nine epic battles across seven weight classes.

The full card will broadcast live online at and ROUGH will be on hand for all the updates as they happen.

Kicking off the event was a welterweight clash between Theeban Govindasamy and Adrian Tham.

Both fighters looked to set a fast-paced tone for the evening, with Tham showing good cage control and even scored an impressive suplex.

Tham was awarded a split decision win to take the welterweight title.

In the Malaysia vs Singapore Hui Keng Fai representing Malaysia secured an impressive standing guillotine against Nazri Sutari from Singapore in 1 minute and 2 seconds of the first round.

Keng Fai and Sutari were explosive from the opening bell, but Keng Fai ultimately got the win.

Victor Cui and Jason Lo

History was made with MIMMA’s very first woman’s grand finale where Felicia Yunus squared off against Joanna Yap.

Both women showed excellent grappling exchanges in the opening rounds, but Yunus proved to be the better striker with heavy hammer fists and striking skills.

But it was Joanna Yap who took the unanimous decision win after five grueling rounds, much to the displeasure of the audience.

Heavyweight Darren Low made short work of Niker Tan, finishing him within 13 seconds of the first round.

Tan managed to get an early leg kick, but it Low managed to drop his opponent with a flurry of blows until the ref stepped in to stop the fight.

In what was a contender for fight of the night, Seah Zhang Yu retained his flyweight title against Dhiaaul Amal.

Both flyweights came out of the gate swinging and didn’t stop for five rounds.

Zhang Yu, at just 19-years-old, was there to defend his flyweight title and kept busy in both his offense and defense game.

The fourth round was nothing short of explosive and set Stadium Putra on fire with Zhang Yu landing some heavy hands on Amal.

A decision was left in the hands of the judges and after five rounds Seah Zhang Yu secured the unanimous decision win.

It was a case of third time lucky for Mohammad Aiman, who dropped his featherweight opponent Hafizul Hakim in 1 minute and 12 seconds of the first round due to strikes.

Aiman has been in all three finals of the MIMMA grand finale’s and this year walked away with the belt.

After 2 minutes and 15 seconds into the first round, Muhammad Meeraj stopped Muhammad Syafiq in relatively easy fashion. The middleweight was continued to bounce around the MIMMA cage after the bout ended.

Defending lightweight champion Muhammad Hasrul squared off against Jason Law who exploded early with hard lefts which rocked Hasrul.

Law maintained his momentum throughout the first round and secured a KO. The lightweight belt now transfers from Hasrul to Law.

MIMMA’s first Foreign Pride winner saw Ahmadjon Karimov get a KO win over A-Karadech Seesombat in the first round.